Story Expo - September 11-13, 2015
STORY EXPO 2015 is the world’s biggest convention of writers from all mediums – screenwriters, TV writers, novelists, filmmakers, gamers, journalists, graphic novelists, actors, business people, comic book writers and more. Featuring over 110 world-renowned speakers, 100+ classes and 30+ exhibitors, Story Expo covers all aspects of story and writing – from craft to business to pitching to career.
Learn how and where your story is best told to achieve its greatest success both financially and creatively. Take control of your stories by learning the craft, learning which medium your stories are best told, understanding the business of storytelling, identifying and using the tools and resources available to you, understanding how to package and pitch your ideas and scripts, and using social media and other techniques to start and maintain a successful writing career. Also be able to pitch your scripts and stories to top production companies, agents and managers in our Story Expo Pitching Room . Plus network with your peers from around the world during a fun, over-the-top weekend. Story Expo is like Comic-Con…but for writers.
At only $249, which includes all of the classes, panels and sessions, Story Expo promises to be one of the best investments you’ll make in your writing career.
Registration for 2015 is open! New classes being added regularly! Please keep checking back for the latest additions.
Sign up for our eNews to get the latest news and updates about Story Expo
- Your Story Is Important. Stories are written to move people, to change people's lives. Learn how and where your story is best told to achieve its greatest success both creatively and financially.
- Learn from Today’s Top Teachers. Only at Story Expo will you get almost 100 of today's top, A-List story experts all together in one weekend, many teaching classes not available anywhere else.
- Be Inspired. Stories inspire us. They move us. They make us feel. The great French filmmaker Jean-Luc Godard said, "Sometimes reality is too complex. Stories give it form.” We all need that push, that inspiration, that allows us to create amazing new story worlds. Be around fellow writers from around the world who you will find inspiration in, and who will find inspiration in you.
- Sell Your Script! Unlike most pitching events, the executives hearing pitches in the Story Expo Pitching Room are the real deal - development execs, VPs, managers and more. We have gone to great lengths to bring you the cream of the crop (20th Century Fox, CAA, Sony Crackle, eOne, Participant Media and more) to pitch face-to-face to.
- It's Story Expo! Story Expo is produced and presented by TV/Film Seminars, the leading company in the world for writing and film-related seminars and workshops. Since 1999, we've brought you the biggest and best seminars and workshops from today's leading speakers.
- Value. With today’s economy, we tried to keep the ticket price as low as possible so everyone could attend. We hope you will find the value of Story Expo at the $249 ticket price to be worth at least 10X that in value. And if you’re coming from out of town, you can book a room at the Westin LAX Hotel (our venue) for only $115 a night.